- Why is performance important?
- SharePoint out of the box performance boosters
- Track bottlenecks while using the SharePoint Developer Dashboard
- Track bottlenecks while using firebug
- Track bottlenecks while using Ants Performance Profiler
- SharePoint API considerations and best practices
Track bottlenecks while using Ants Performance Profiler?
This is the difficult part, because
ANTS Performance Profiler does not support SharePoint 2010!
A workaround :
- Open the IIS applicationHost configuration file. By default, this is located in C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
- In the <globalModules> element, find the SharePoint14Module and add in the preCondition value before SharePoint Central Administration the following value: RGTestAppPool;
This sets a precondition allowing ANTS Performance Profiler to load the SharePoint server DLL. ANTS Performance Profiler will now be able to profile code on the SharePoint server.
From Profiling SharePoint 2010
Froml Profiling SharePoint