When you want your users to be able to create a mysite you might get the following error:
'Your personal site cannot be created because Self-Service Site Creation is not enabled. Contact your site administrator for more information.'
this is because default this feature is turned off. Administrator must explicitly turn this feature on in order to permit users to create a mysite.
Perform the following steps to enable self-service site creation:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
2. On the Central Administration home page, on the top navigation bar, click the Application Management tab.
1. On the Application Management page, under the Application Security section, click the Self-service site management link.
2. On the Self-Service Site Management page, select http://MYSITE-2222/ from the Web Application drop-down list, if it is not already selected.
3. In the Enable Self-Service Site Creation section, select the On option and click OK. This enables users to create sites under the selected Web application.